Hot news – Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Thursday:
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) soared 10.50% by 8:06 AM ET (12:06 GMT) after the company reported a net profit, positive cash flow and wider-than-expected margins for the latest quarter, delivering on Chief Executive Elon Musk’s promise to turn the electric carmaker profitable as higher production volumes of its new Model 3 began to pay off.
• Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) stock skyrocketed 12.96% as quarterly revenue and earnings beat expectations thanks to a surge in ad sales.
• Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ:AMD) stock crashed 18.60% after quarterly revenue missed expectations and the company gave a weak outlook for the fourth quarter.
• Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) stock jumped 2.86% after the company reported better-than-expected earnings and revenue after Wednesday’s closing bell.
• Ford (NYSE:F) stock traded up 4.77% after its third-quarter profit beat estimates.
• Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA) stock gained 5.51% as the company added more subscribers and quarterly profit beat consensus.
• Visa (NYSE:V) stock rose 2.04% as quarterly profit topped estimates.
• Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG) stock advanced 3.33% after the company reported third-quarter results that topped consensus on the top and bottom lines.