Investing.com – Stocks in focus in premarket trade Friday:
• Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT) stock gained 1.05% by 8:02 AM ET (13:02 GMT) after the Pentagon awarded the company a $712 million defense contract.
• JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) stock rose 0.68% despite news that the Hong Kong Monetary Authority fined its local unit $1.6 million for failing to meet anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing laws.
• Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) stock advanced 0.67% as the company entered talks with Sinclair Broadcast Group to make a joint bid for the New York Yankees’ regional sports network Yes, according to The Wall Street Journal.
• Aphria (NYSE:APHA) stock soared 11.31% as the company rejected Green Growth’s takeover offer as insufficient and Green Growth prepares a hostile bid.
• Transocean (NYSE:RIG) stock gained 3.13% after announcing two contracts with Chevron (NYSE:CVX).
• First Republic Bank (NYSE:FRC) stock traded up 3.86% as the company was set to replace Scana (NYSE:SCG) in the S&P 500 on Jan. 2.