Investing.com – Stocks in focus in premarket trade Friday:
• Aphria (NYSE:APHA) fell 7.6% at 8:30 AM ET (13:30 GMT) as investor doubts grew about Green Growth’s hostile takeover bid for the cannabis company.
• Canada Goose Holdings (NYSE:GOOS) soared 9% following reports of large crowds at its Beijing store, which opened doors Friday.
• Pacific Gas & Electric (NYSE:PCG) slumped 4.4% after California’s attorney general said the utility could face charges if it is found that reckless operation of equipment caused recent wildfires.
• Spotify (NYSE:SPOT) rose 1.2% after MKM Partners said the stock looks attractive at the current valuation, Briefing.com reported. MKM has a buy rating on the stock and a $200 price target.
• Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) gained 2%. The company is planning on expanding Whole Foods stores across the country, The Wall Street Journal reported.
• Verizon (NYSE:VZ) climbed 0.7% and Disney rose 1.9% after the companies came to an agreement that avoided a blackout of Disney-owned channels like ESPN on the Verizon Fios cable network.